NJE Grade 1 – £17,364 pro rata
Part-time (5 days)
5 days (10 Hrs per week)
NOR – 188
We have a rare opportunity for someone to join our Holy Family site maintenance team as a morning cleaner. The successful candidate will work under the direction of the Caretaker, to undertake the cleaning of designated areas within the School to ensure that they are kept in a clean and hygienic condition, to agreed quality standards. You would work 2 hours per day before the school opens (6am – 8am) Monday to Friday. This is an all year round position (not term time only).
Who are we after?
We are looking for an energetic, hardworking individual with a positive ‘can do’ who is passionate about the cleanliness of our school. We need someone who can work quickly, thoroughly and unsupervised.
What skills and attributes are desirable for you to possess?
- Previous experience of cleaning (although training will be provided)
- Expedience: able to complete cleaning tasks quickly and comprehensively
- Attention to Detail: be able to work to high standards
- Flexible: Able to be adaptable to meet the needs of the school
- Personable; a person with a good sense of humour
- Physical fitness – this is a physical role and will require someone in good health.
What can we can offer you?
- A strong and inclusive Christian ethos
- A warm, welcoming family environment with supportive colleagues
- Happy, well behaved and enthusiastic children who are eager to learn
- An innovative leadership team who are driven by simple, effective practice
- A supportive Governing body and school community
Responsibilities will include:
- Cleaning, washing, sweeping, mopping, dusting, polishing and vacuum cleaning of designated areas to the required standards
- Emptying litter bins and removing waste to designated areas
- Cleaning of toilets and washrooms to the required standard
- Using powered equipment where necessary (scrubbing machines, wet pick-up machines, vacuum cleaners)
- Spray cleaning, scrubbing floors and re-sealing with polish
- Cleaning of working surfaces and other furniture as directed
- Clearing up after flooding and/or any other emergency cleaning
- Compliance with Health & Safety and COSHH regulations
Visits to see our fabulous school are warmly welcomed. To book a visit please email our Business Manager with your preferred day and time email@example.com
Holy Family Catholic Primary School is committed to safe working practices and safeguarding children and expects all staff to share this commitment. Applicants will be required to complete pre-employment checks on suitability for working in a school. We also promote equal opportunities and will make reasonable adjustments to a job or workplace to counteract any disadvantage a disabled person may face. An enhanced DBS check is required for this position and all qualifications will be verified.
Applicants must complete a Catholic Education Service (CES) application form. These are available from by visiting www.catholiceducation.org.uk or directly from the school website www.holyfamilyworksop.co.uk/about-us/vacancies Please note that we DO NOT accept CVs.
Please return your application form via email to our Business Manager firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date: 16th June 2019
Short Listing: 17th June 2019
Interviews: 24th June 2019