TEACHING ASSISTANT – Grade 2 (Point 9 – 13)
£16755 – £17391 FTE (Pro-Rata)
Monday – Friday 8:45am – 11:45am (term time only)
15 Hours Fixed Term Contract: (ASAP until 24/05/2019)
NOR – 188
“A shining example”
Are you a passionate and experienced practioner looking to work in a fantastic school, because we have an exciting opportunity for a suitably qualified teaching assistant to join and strengthen our existing family?
You would be working in KS2, focusing specifically on Year 6 class support and SATs preparation. The role involves assisting the teacher in supporting learners in class groups and with individuals to enable pupils to make accelerated progress. This role is a fixed term contract in the first instance but could be extend if funding allows.
We are looking for someone who is:
- Enthusiastic, highly motivated and who will bring a sense of energy and passion to the role
- Can use their initiative to work independently and flexibly
- Has the skills necessary to support children’s learning, and raise attainment, particularly in Literacy and Numeracy
- Loves working with children and forms good relationships with children and adults
- Committed to high standards of achievement and behaviour
- Able to enthusiastically contribute to the Catholic life of the school
- Willing to get involved and support the wider aspects of school life
We can offer you:
- A strong and inclusive Christian ethos
- A warm, welcoming family environment with supportive colleagues
- Happy, well behaved and enthusiastic children who are eager to learn
- A well maintained building with the resources needed to teach effectively
- An innovative leadership team who are driven by simple, effective practice.
- A supportive Governing body and school community
Visits to see our fabulous school are warmly welcomed. To book a visit please call the school office on (01909) 473917.
Holy Family Catholic Primary School is committed to safe working practices and safeguarding children and expects all staff to share this commitment. Applicants will be required to complete pre-employment checks on suitability for working in a school. We also promote equal opportunities and will make reasonable adjustments to a job or workplace to counteract any disadvantage a disabled person may face. An enhanced DBS check is required for this position and all qualifications will be verified.
Applicants must complete a Catholic Education Service (CES) application form. Please return your application with a short covering letter via email to our Business Manager: firstname.lastname@example.org
This role would ideally start on the 4th February 2019 or as soon afterwards given the required notice period.
Closing date: 12 noon on Friday 25/01/2019
Interviews: Wednesday 30/01/2019
The government have produced some documents which you may find helpful if you have a child in Y2 or Y6. Please do not hesitate to contact us if you are worried about SATs testing. Information_for_parents_-_2018_national_curriculum_tests_at_the_end_of_key_stages_1_and_2 [...]