Important Days – Things to remember
PE Days – Please come in your school PE kit on a Tuesday and Thursday.
PE on Thursday will be with Mr Newton.
Reading books will be sent home on a Friday after school and will need to be returned with a completed reading at home sheet on a Friday morning. Children will be rewarding in school for reading at home.
Children will be set a task weekly on My Maths from Friday 10th of September.
Children are expected to read at home daily.
In school we follow ‘My Mastery’.
During the Autumn Term we will complete the following units:
Numbers within 100
Addition and subtraction of 2 digit numbers
Addition and subtraction word problems
Multiplication and division: 2, 5 and 10.
Your login is: hfps
Your password is: boostholy, then use your child’s login details.
English – Phonics, Reading and Writing
In school we follow ‘Letters and Sounds’.
This term we are teaching phase 5 Phonics.
Resources to support your child at home:
Children take part in ‘Reciprocal Reading’ as part of their daily English lessons within the unit of work.
In school we follow ‘Come and See’.
This term our topics will be spread the word and rules.
Spread the Word
- Jesus promises to send the Holy Spirit.
- The Ascension; Jesus returns to his Father in Heaven.
- Pentecost: the gift of the Holy Spirit for all time.
- Prayer to the Holy Spirit.
- The power of the Holy Spirit in daily life.
- Christians pass on the Good News of Jesus through the Holy Spirit.
- The Resurrection of the dead.
- Jesus’ commandment to love God and one another.
- Jesus’ commandment to forgive each other.
- Sin, the intention to do wrong deliberately.
- Examination of conscience.
- A prayer of sorrow.
- Sacrament of Reconciliation: repentance, disclosure of sin, absolution and reparation.
- The Sign of Peace at Mass.