Our Geography Curriculum
At Holy Family we aim to inspire our pupils to ask and answer questions about the world in which they live. Through our vehicles and 5 key concepts we teach our children the knowledge and understanding they need to know about people, places and their environment, including physical and human processes.
Our 5 Key Geography Concepts
- natural disaster
Our Curriculum Coverage
The whole school overarching theme of Communities in the Autumn term teachers and leaders focus on different communities around the globe. Our children learn about their own locality and contrasting countries as they progress through school. Within each year group the children have opportunities to study different and revisit continents of the world.
- Throughout the year pupils keep up to date with ‘what’s in the news?’ and learn about countries, human and physical geography as it happens in real time.
- Seasonal weather is taught daily in EYFS and KS1
- Locational knowledge is not stand alone and is revisited frequently through our Geography meetings.
- All children take part in in Outdoor Education with Mr Parker once a fortnight.
- Year 2 to Year 6 have a residential experience designed to enrich our curriculum.
Pending September 2020
Content to be added